Wednesday, July 30, 2008

my favourite story....

I am God fearing........but sometimes i really wonder if God is really there.....and if yes,why does He give people tough times???

I heard this story later on,which i remember when i feel this way about God.....it's a very sweet story which most of you would have heard....because my friend had already heard it when i told her(so i thought I'll take this precaution...)

There was once a pious old man.he spoke his heart out with god everyday...and pleased God with his devotion that god came in front of him and granted him a wish......The old man was extremely happy and told god that he wanted Him to be with him all the time,throughout his life.God immediately agreed.Wherever the old man went he saw 2 pairs of footprints and was happy to know that God was with him...As the days passed....the old man's health started deteriorating and was extremely weak....One day, as he went out to get some fresh air,he turned around to see if there were two prints,but was surprised and saddened to see only one pair of footprints."Oh God!You promised to stay with me forever.But now I am very old and frail...now you desert me????"
He then heard a voice very close to him...."My man,I never go back on my promises!You are too old and weak to walk.So all this time I was carrying you....It is my footprints that you see!!!!"

So that really gets me back to my senses!!!

No comments: