Monday, August 11, 2008

Today I was thinking about how superstitious I was..........and how I believed in luck and lucky charms......

If I feel I didn't do an exam properly or if my day wasn't good,I don't wear the same dress or watch or even slippers on a day when i want everything to go right!!I have a friend who is equally superstitious and wears only green to all examinations!!! So my opinion????Be superstitious-after all,it makes you feel good!!! You get to blame your dress or your watch when you do something wrong!!!I write only with my lucky pen,take only a particular bag or pouch,not because they are going to help me in my exams,but to be cheerful!!!I like to have the feeling that I am going to be lucky,and somehow the day goes well!!!

Apart from clothes I also believe in certain sayings and beliefs......I don't gift my friends key chains as they say the friendship won't last....not that we are going to be enemies the very next day....but it makes me feel good......(of course,accepting key chains is a different issue-i wouldn't want to hurt my friends!!!).I always sit down,drink some water and go out if i trip and fall on my way out somewhere or if somebody asks me where I am going.....after all,in what way is that going to affect me???It's going to take a few seconds extra!!!The same holds good if a cat crosses my path....

So to all those of you who are superstitious about things-don't worry you've got company and you are only doing something that's going to make you feel good......and to the rest...ask your grandparents or parents -there are scientific explanations behind certain beliefs (I don't say all!!!) and remember we are leading a happy life!!!

No comments: