Thursday, November 27, 2008

Rain,rain shower away!!!!

Now that I have nothing to do, I decided to update my blog......and my topic is the very same thing that has kept me indoors for 2 whole days!!RAIN!!!
Well, this one's been a reaaaaalllllyyy heavy one after a vvvveeerrrryyyy llllooooonnnnggg time!!Madras is literally sinking!!
About the developments and the discomforts this rain has caused-2 of my university exams got postponed(i know i am strange....but think of it this way...at least i wouldn't have had to prepare for it all over again after 2 weeks....The exams would have been over!),the whole area is flooded and there's water up to our hips!!!....anticipating electric shocks and live wires,the people in my apartment complex decided to cut the power....so no power now..(I am at my aunt's place right now....just came over....so don't wonder how I am writing this..).the water has entered the ground floor flats...and those people are draining it away in buckets...they'll have to move to some relative's place at night!!no schools,no colleges....great!!! but no power,no tv,no comp,no music as well!!!!:(
the pluses are few....but i say "rain rain shower away....don't wait till another day" coz when there are no rains also, we complain......
There's just this one problem in Indian cities (at least most Indian cities)-there's no proper drainage system.....otherwise we can enjoy this cool,wet weather...all we need is an umbrella or a rain coat......it's the stagnant water and the diseases it brings with it that are a problem.....

But i have to agree with people that "too much of something good can also be bad"-look at the number of deaths,people going homeless and fields and crops ruined!!!We comment about things from within the four secure walls of our house,but there are people out there,who don't have a single wall to shelter them!!!

No comments: